Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Portsmouth - Here I'm back




After 25 years I left Portsmouth , my husband and I were back again to see lots of changes there. Portsmouth has become a university town. Walking along the road towards Southsea we could see university blocks - all around are university blocks. Those days back in 1980's it was still a polytechnic.Guildhall , National Library still the same,the railway station now with new flooring. At the commercial centre, Barclays Bank still at the same location.There are some changes on the nature of the business.We could find a few Halal restaurants. There's also a shopping mall. There's also new landmark for Portsmouth.
Akram supermarket is bigger .We didn't manage to find our way to St Andrew's Road where I was staying before eventhough we walk from Southsea to Guildhall via Somers town .
One day we will visit again and stay in Portsmouth for a few days to enable us to visit Isle of Wight as welll

No comments:

Post a Comment